Grace joined Edwards Law in 2022, after moving from Canterbury to the Hawkes Bay.
Grace has a Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts in Classics and Philosophy from the University of Canterbury. She was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor in 2017 and went on to work for two law firms in Christchurch.
Grace initially gained a grounding in general legal practice before specialising in employment law.
She now assists employer and employee clients with a broad range of employment and human resource issues, including:
- Drafting employment agreements, policies and independent contractor agreements;
- Managing employment relationship issues and preventing disputes;
- Guidance with investigations restructures and disciplinary processes;
- Negotiating exits and settlements;
- Resolving personal grievances and other claims; and
- Providing advice on technical questions of law such as leave entitlements, hours of work and wages.
Grace also regularly represents clients at mediations and has appeared in the Employment Relations Authority, the District Court, the Real Estates Agents Disciplinary Tribunal, the Teachers Disciplinary Tribunal and the Tenancy Tribunal.
She is a commercially pragmatic and strategic advocate.
Grace is passionate about building relationships and is looking forward to meeting clients in the Hawke’s Bay.