Rachel Nightingale has a degree in law from the University of Canterbury and was admitted as a Barrister and Solicitor of the High Court of New Zealand in November 2018.
Rachel joined Edwards Law in September 2019. She has a strong foundation in employment law, having previously worked as an advisor at an employer association and as a lawyer at another law firm.
Her experience also extends to having represented clients in the Family Court, including Care of Children and Domestic Violence proceedings.
Rachel’s experience in family law has given her a real depth of experience, making her a great mediator with emotional intelligence that she utilises when giving advice and making strategic calls.
Rachel has significant experience in drafting legal documentation and regularly represents and assists employer and employee clients with a variety of matters, including:
- attendance at disciplinary and restructuring meetings, where she advocates strongly for her clients;
- drafting and/or reviewing employment agreements;
- defending and pursuing personal grievance claims;
- representing clients at mediation and working to achieve the best possible outcome; and
- providing legal advice on a variety of issues, from Holidays Act 2003 to restraint of trade issues.
Rachel has a real passion for helping others and working with clients to achieve their desired outcome. She understands that employment issues can be quite daunting and complicated and loves working with clients to navigate them through this maze. Rachel prides herself on providing clear, succinct advice and finding pragmatic solutions to client problems.
Outside of work Rachel loves going to the gym, trying new restaurants, and whipping up new recipes in the kitchen.